WHAT TO EXPECT FROM SUMMIT WATER RESOURCES
Are you a highly motivated hydrogeologist or water resources engineer seeking challenging projects, career advancement, employee ownership, and a great place to work? Summit is a water resources consulting firm focusing on groundwater supply, aquifer storage and recovery (ASR), water supply planning, and strategic water rights management for municipal, industrial, and agricultural clients. Our staff value a work environment that is collegial, collaborative, respectful, and rewarding. Summit’s primary focus is in the Pacific Northwest, but as a subsidiary of Geo-Logic Associates (GLA), you will have the opportunity to work with a range of professionals in GLA’s 26 offices in the U.S. and Peru with backgrounds in hydrogeology and water rights; soil and environmental science, civil and environmental engineering, geographic information system (GIS) and computer drafting, and field and laboratory technology. There is a lot of room to grow personally and professionally within our organization. Learn more about the benefits.
WHY WE REALLY WANT YOU IN THIS JOB
- You have a proven ability or desire to develop and execute consulting work in the Pacific Northwest, with an emphasis in Oregon.
- You have a minimum of five years of successful and relevant experience, including project work in groundwater supply, water resources, and/or water rights.
- You can successfully manage tasks and schedules for multiple projects, and provide technical assistance in both the field and office in support of groundwater supply investigations, including media sampling, subcontractor oversight, quantitative data analysis, report preparation, and presentation of findings.
- You want to work collaboratively on project teams.
- You possess effective communication skills, including technical writing and the demonstrated ability to speak clearly in public to convey technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office and scientific software packages for data analysis and visualization; experience with field data collection systems, groundwater modeling, and/or GIS is a plus.
- You are familiar with water rights in Oregon, or have an interest in building this knowledge base.
MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS
You will work with a team of highly skilled individuals on a variety of small to large groundwater supply and water resource projects from our Portland, Oregon office. Typical tasks may include:
- Conducting water resource investigations in the field and/or office, including direction of Summit staff and subcontractors
- Performing field work in Oregon and Washington including measuring water levels in wells, providing oversight during well drilling and rehabilitation projects, conducting aquifer testing, and collecting soil and water samples for laboratory analysis
- Analyzing quantitative data, providing scientific interpretations, and preparing technical reports
- Planning and implementing water right transactions
- Participating in team and client meetings for project scoping and to present findings and results
Summit provides flexibility for a mix of remote and office work, as allowed by project requirements and schedule.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in geology, hydrogeology, water resource engineering, or closely related field
- MS degree in a related field, preferred
- Oregon and/or Washington Geologist Registration (RG, PG, and/or LHG) or ability to obtain within one year
- Certified Water Rights Examiner (CWRE), a plus
This position requires the ability and willingness to:
- Periodically work a flexible schedule, including overtime, and possible evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Undertake periodic travel, including possible short-and long-term assignments to remote project locations
- Work in varying and adverse weather conditions and traverse varying terrain
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Work independently, with professionalism and excellent responsiveness, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Possess and maintain a driving record acceptable to our insurer
Summit Water Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, click here to email a resume and cover letter. Applicants who are unable to apply online may submit their resume and cover letter by mail to: Human Resources, Geo-Logic Associates, 2777 East Guasti Road, Suite 1, Ontario, CA 91761. (Resumes submitted through postal mail must indicate “Summit Water Resources Job Application” on the front of the mailing envelope).